Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome to the Pastoral Aesthetic

I resisted doing a purely theological blog for so long. I resisted for a variety of reasons: others do it much better, other people are better theologians, etc.

This blog will deal with the pastoral office and pastoral ministry. I will examine various aspects of life, mostly in light of the arts and aesthetics. This is not meant to limit the posts and the discussion, just to provide a good place to start.

Keep in mind, I am a sinful human being. Just like you, dear reader. I could be completely off-base. Please let me know when I am. Also,I've only been in the ministry for a little less than 2 years. Keep that in mind when judging and evaluating my opinions and arguments (another reason for delaying a theological blog).

This blog will a journey, of sorts. I don't know what the future holds. What can you expect from this blog? The following:

1. Reviews of books, films, TV shows, and art
2. Relating such things as mentioned above to pastoral ministry
3. Interviews with other pastors (Mostly LCMS, some not)
4. A safe place for discussion and even dissent

I'm not so egotistical to think that I have the final say on these or any other matters. That belongs to God and His Holy Word.

Welcome to (hopefully) an interesting perspective on ministry.
Welcome to The Pastoral Aesthetic!

No comments: